Our mission is to inspire robust engagement with the literary arts and literacy within historically marginalised communities in the Inland Empire region of Southern California. Specifically, we aim to engage Latinx, Black, LGBTQ, and disabled writers and audiences, by sponsoring opportunities for community building and engagement via local workshops, seminars, and readings.
Past & Current Activities Sponsored by PoetrIE:
- Weekly writing workshop at Augies Coffeehouse in Redlands, CA.
- Art in the Alley festival and showcase for local writers.
- Tin Cannon literary magazine.
- Several reading events dedicated to highlight new books published by writers in this region.
- Monthly reading series in partnership with Poets & Writers funding at the Garcia Center for the Arts.
- Charity benefit, reading and raffle for the House of Ruth, an organization dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence.
- Open mic night reading series at the Muffin Top Bakery in Redlands, CA.
Isabel Quintero, President – author of award winning book, Gabi: A Girl in Pieces
Allyson Jeffredo, Secretary – author of Songs After Memory Fractures
Edward Ferrari, Treasurer – published poet and critic originally from the UK